1. Kevin Garnett passed the Logo himself Jerry West for 15th all time in scoring. Paul Pierce passed Charles Barkley to move into 20th. When super-stars like KG and The Truth break records it reminds us not only how timeless these guys really are, but how great the players were that came before them.
The C’s won big at home against Toronto too.
2. Larry Sanders was ejected last night after picking up two techs. Great, family friendly reaction.
3. Kobe rolled his ankle in the Laker loss to Atlanta. Some sources are calling it a severe ankle sprain but that is BS. He walked off on his own and wasn’t using crutches after the game so it can’t be too severe. He may or may not miss a game when the Lakers really can’t afford to lose, but if he does sit, I can’t see it being for more than three games. Kobe rightfully complained after that shooters need room to land:
“As defensive players, you can contest shots, but you can’t walk underneath players, That’s dangerous for the shooter.”
Bryant later tweeted: “#dangerousplay that should have been called. Period.”
4. Memphis beat the Clippers 96-85 IN STAPLES. Memphis has looked really good of late, and in this game they MOVED AHEAD of the Clippers for 3rd in the West. And it gets worse for Lob City…
5. Denver has now won 10 in a row and are just a game behind the Clippers for 4th in the West and the all important Home Court in round 1. They demolished the Knicks 117-94. Don’t sleep on the Nuggets people, they have size, great point guard play, and athletic wings. This team may be a problem for the top seeds in the West, especially if they keep moving up the standings and get to play more games in the mile high air of Denver where they have a ridiculous record of 29-3, only one win off of the best home record in the NBA behind Miami.
6. Sacramento Kings players shocked the world by beating the Bulls by 42 121-79. WHAT!? Yep and they played without DeMarcus Cousins. Addition by subtraction anyone???
7. Oh and that team from Miami won again, make it 20 Straight for Lebron and crew.